This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here to learn more
It’s hard to get to know a person behind a blog. So I’ve decided to share 100 things that make me happy!
Writing this post proved to be amazing for my mental health. I started writing it during my breaks at my 9-5 job last week when I was feeling stress caving in.
If you’re having a bad week, try writing down 10, 25, or 100 things that make you happy and feel the weight of stress start to fade away!
In no particular order here are 100 things that make me happy:
- My Husband – he was the first thing to pop into my head 🙂
- My Pets – They are the best thing ever!
- Bird watching – We have 4 different varieties of woodpeckers who love to visit out feeders – Our baby downey is named Pip 🙂
- Discovering new things – Learning and experiencing new things makes life amazing!
- Popcorn – Air popped with ghee please!
- Gardening – That sweet taste of homegrown veggies
- Working outside – Nothing is more fulfilling than that
- My life-size “fairy garden” – I’m too big to fit into a regular one so I made a life-size one!
- Green tea – I drink it by the gallon 😛
- Taking Macro photos – This is a lot of fun!
- Fly Fishing – I have a post about this! Check it out here
- Antique Shops – You can find some awesome things at antique shops!
- Farmers Markets – Everything is so fresh and delicious
- Japanese Maples – I love these because each one has it’s own personality and leaf shape and colors vary with each variety.
- Campfires – They are so relaxing and smell good 🙂
- My blog – I love creating content and You, my readers, are awesome!
- Snow – I know, I know
- Hiking – It’s always an adventure!
- Wildlife – There is a balance in the way wildlife works that I find so pleasing.
- Music – Although I mostly listen to Indie, I enjoy full range of genres, but please no Pop music…
- Visiting green houses – I love to see all the different plants and trees. I could spend hours browsing!
- Art museums – My favorite painting is “The Scottish Highlands” by Gustave Doré
- Topo Chico with lime – So good with tacos or on a hot summer day!
- Fish & Chips – with Tabasco and lemon
- Vintage stuff – I feel like an old soul living in the modern world
- Bees – Without them life wouldn’t be possible. Here’s to the bees! 🙌
- Sci-Fi movies and shows – like Dr. Who, Star Trek, Star wars, Intersteller and so many more
- Bonsai and orchids – They are so beautiful and tranquil.
- Old VW Buses & Bugs – I would love to convert a bus to a camper and travel in it!
- The Symphony – Seeing the symphony live is amazing
Also Read: Practicing Self Care
- Vinyl Records – Nothing beats the sound of vinyl
- Feeling Organized – A simple life is a happy life. Read my post about that here
- Tomatoes – Doesn’t matter what variety, they are so good!
- Thunderstorms – I enjoy watching storms roll in
- The smell of leather – Is it weird that I think leather smells good?
- Life – I love being alive! 🙂
- Dark chocolate – 92% Cacao doesn’t have that nasty bitter taste
- Pine Forests – They are so peaceful to walk through
- Indian Cuisine – Sooo Good! Lamb masala with a side of Dal (lentils) is my favorite
- Sleep – The older I get, the more I love sleep
- Frangipani plants – See photo above – They look fake, but those flowers are real!
- Ferns – My favorites are Japanese Painted and Ostrich
- Shiplap – Thanks Chip and Jo! I’m obsessed with this stuff! 😀
- Pygmy Goats – They are sooo cute!
- Good movies & Shows – Like ‘About Time’, ‘Doc Martin’, & ‘Pride & Prejudice’
- The smell of a room full of herbs – I’m working on my house smelling like an herb shop
- Shou Sugi Ban – I’ll be explaining what this is an a post soon!
- Nature – You never would have guessed this one would you? 😀
- My in-laws – I have learned so much from them! They are amazing 💕
- Having two cars that are paid off! – It feels good to get debt paid off
Also Read: Modern Homesteading
- My mother-in-law’s New Mexico Chili Sauce – It’s used for tamales, but I could drink it. It’s that good!
- Homesteading – I love living as independent as we can. Modern homesteading is giving us a life we don’t need a vacation from!
- Mason Jars – The obsession is real – Stay tuned for a post about them!
- Castile Soap – Yes, soap makes me happy – Read my post about it here
- Wool clothing – There is nothing like wool clothing. It’s so comfortable. Read more about it here
- Day dates with my husband – We like to take a day to visit a town or city we’ve never been to or visit one we know we like. It’s a nice day of walking, visiting local shops and restaurants. It’s a nice way to take a small break from our busy life.
- My front porch – I love sitting out there after a busy day, relaxing with my dogs
- Fall Days – I love everything fall has to offer!
- Cheesecake – I don’t normally eat sugar, but on rare occasions I enjoy a slice of cheesecake – So good!
- Botanical drawings and illustrations – They are so beautiful
- Field Guides – There is no substitute for an actual book and field guides are really helpful when you’re out exploring!
- Sweater Weather – The song is good too, but I really like the coziness of sweaters and to me sweater weather is perfect!
- Lyrics – Am I the only one who pays attention to and is obsessed with great lyrics?
- Walks with my dogs – Their excitement for walks is contagious!
- Cool, overcast and slightly rainy days – These for me are perfect days. I work outside a lot and cool days make it so much easier and I get to wear a sweater! Win, win if you ask me 🙂
- A good Reuben – Extra sauerkraut please!
- Mowing – Weird, I know, but it’s a great time to think and clear your mind!
- Warm sunny days – Just because I prefer cooler overcast days doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the warm sunny days every once in a while 🙂
- Natural materials – Canvas, cotton, wool, copper, clay. They just make me happy 🙂
- Greek Food – It’s so fresh and delicious
Also Read: Why I hunt
- My little dress – I don’t always wear dresses, but there is one that I have that I love! I’ll share a photo on Instagram soon
- Plants! – I am a crazy plant lady! and proud of it 😉
- Creating and designing content – It’s something I’ve always enjoyed
- Handmade items – There is perfection in imperfection. Handmade items are amazing! Making something by hand takes work, but it’s so rewarding
- Avocados – Why? I don’t know, they are just delicious and go with everything!
- Leather Shoes – My Wolverine 1000 mile boots really are the most comfortable thing in the world! – Wait for a sale though …
- Walks at work – My husband and I work for the same company. During our breaks we walk outside together. It’s nice to get outside a bit and spend some one on one time together.
- My Freckles – I don’t really know why, but they make me happy
- Getting stuff done – It feels go good to get stuff done.
- Planting – Trees, plants, whatever. I enjoy planting
- Cherry Blossoms – My Yoshino and Okame Cherry trees are so beautiful in the spring!
- Plans for our new kitchen – We’re getting so close to finishing our kitchen. It’s going to be amazing! Planning it has been a lot of fun
- Winter – Call me crazy, but I love winter.
- Clay mugs – You can never have too many clay mugs! See photo below. Aren’t they beautiful?
- Carbon Steel Kitchen Knives – Yes they need care and attention, but boy are they nice to use
- Self care days – It’s nice to set aside a day to reset
- Watching hawks catch their food – Seriously it’s amazing to watch!
- Browsing book stores – I’m not a huge reader, but I do prefer paper books and browsing book stores is strangely comforting
- Warm Crusty Bread – It’s the simple things 🙂
- A good bowl of soup – You know, to go along with that crusty bread 😀
- My Japanese Garden – It’s not done yet , but working on it is a lot of fun!
- White Pines – They are soft, make delicious tea and I love laying under them and listen to the wind whistle through them
- Old wooden milk crates – I know this is kinda weird, but they are so useful and cool looking
- Rhododendrons – They are so beautiful and they let you know what they need. You just need to know how to read them. – I’ll post about this soon!
- Making up songs to sing to my husband and pets – Yea, I’m weird 😛
- The scent of Eucalyptus – It smells so good! Plus it’s great for the respiratory system. Add a bundle of it to your shower and breathe it in 🙂
- My Eco-Friendly Life – I feel amazing knowing that I have a part in saving our beautiful planet
- Helping others – We’re all human, helping one another makes you feel good
- Succulents – These little plants are so pretty
what are things that make you happy? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!
Thanks for reading! – Iris
You might also like